From Slicer Wiki
(Redirected from Release-notes-3.6)
Home < Release-notes-3.6
- Multiple 3D View mode is only partially supported in version 3.6 (see this page). A more complete implementation is on the list for Slicer4.
- Due to a bug in the earlier implementation of hierarchical transform trees, multi-level nested transforms loaded from scenes created in version 3.4 won't behave as expected. Reversing the order of the transforms is required.
- Due to limitations in ITK's gdcm DICOM handling, Slicer is unable to output DICOM format data. We recommend saving new datasets in NRRD format using the extension .nrrd from Slicer's Save Interface. Note that this currently impacts Slicer's remote I/O as well; multi-file DICOM volumes uploaded to a remote repository using the web services infrastructure will be collapsed into in a single DICOM file upon upload; however DICOM header information will be preserved. This behavior will be addressed in a software patch subsequent to the 3.6 release.
- The new GPU Ray Cast Renderer randomly produces transparent rendering (10% of the time) when the camera is inside the volume. It works fine when the camera is outside the volume.
- Restoring a scene that uses CompareView may result in the Crosshair not being initially displayed in all the CompareView viewers. A change in slice location may display the Crosshair correctly.
Platform Specific Notes
- The new GPU Ray Cast Renderer crashes on MAC OS. This is due to Apple OpenGL drivers (see the [bug report])
- Note: It's an OS limitation not an hardware limitation: The renderer will work fine on a MAC if Slicer runs under a virtual machines with a Windows or Linux OS.