For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.8 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
Contributors: Kevin Wang (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), Winnie Li (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
Multidimensional data is an extension of 3D Slicer to allow creating and visualization of higher-dimension data nodes, such as 4D volumes, models changing in time, markups changing in time, sequences of transforms, scene camera trajectory, or even sequence of sequences. Software features include:
- Synthetic dose volume generation for testing.
- Motion simulation for systematic and random errors.
- Dose population histogram generation based on motion simulation.
- A complete simulation module for margin calculation.
- Comparison of different RT plans with specific margin using dose population histogram
- Evaluation of effect of different margin in RT plan
- Calculation of PTV margin
- SlicerRT: SlicerRT and Margin Calculator are complementary software. Margin Calculator focuses specifically on the RT plan margin calculation, while SlicerRT aims for providing an easy-to-use interface for a wide range of stable, well-tested radiotherapy related features.
- Gel Dosimetry: Slicelet facilitating a streamlined workflow to perform gel dosimetry analysis for commissioning linacs and evaluating new dose calculation procedures
C. Pinter, A. Lasso, A. Wang, D. Jaffray and G. Fichtinger, "SlicerRT – Radiation therapy research toolkit for 3D Slicer", Med. Phys., 39(10) pp. 6332-6338, 2012
Information for Developers
- Source code: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/margincalculator/trunk/MarginCalculator/
- Issue tracker: open issues and enhancement requests