From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20170523
| If you would like to list your topic here, create a wiki account and edit this page
You can join the hangout using http://bit.ly/slicer-hangout-kw.
- Use of GDCM vs DCMTK in Slicer
- Definitive transition from mailing list to discourse
- slicer.org on GitHub
- It makes sense to store website on GitHub and have it served from Digital Ocean (or legacy server)
- Waiting final transition to server is done, cronjob
- ITK: What ITK should create ?
- Thin wrapper around DCMTK
- Default behavior: if context is not known. Secondary capture seems to be the only valid approach.
- Moving toward consolidating tool around DCMTK
- Anonymization: David Clunie has implementation in Java. See http://www.dclunie.com/pixelmed/software/webstart/DicomCleanerUsage.html
- vtk-dicom from David Gobbi is nice. Issue is that it introduces dependency on VTK for tools that wouldn't require it (e.g CLI) + VTK doesn't handle orientation (by default) in its core image data structure
- DCMTK: currently support only to create secondary capture
- DCMQI: support to create seg object
- Public repo with collection of DICOM
- During last project week, discussed use of IPFS to store medical test data (DICOM, ...)
- Stored at MIT, Bremen, Standford, ...
- You can contribute without being the central server
- It is easy to start an IPFS server .. but required to throttle the network to avoid full use of network
- IPFS vs WebTorrent:
- IPFS: Distributed hash table of encrypted chunk of data