From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20170502
| If you would like to list your topic here, create a wiki account and edit this page
You can join the hangout using http://bit.ly/slicer-hangout-kw.
- Naming convention for Slicer modules. See Appendix below
- Signing app: We could automatically sign but do we want to give user a false impression of "security" ?
- Qt5: Good progress from Hina. Slicer Web widget is on the way to work with web engine.
- Nightly MacOSX issue: We will roll back to Python 2.7.12 that doesn't depend on OpenSSL 1.0.0 (see https://discourse.slicer.org/t/multiple-startup-errors-and-no-simpleitk-in-may-1-nightly-on-mac/231/10?u=jcfr)
Modules naming convention
In Slicer we have the following modules
- Found on the wiki as Loadable_Modules
- Base class: Base/QTGUI/qSlicerLoadableModule.h
- Main CMake module named SlicerMacroBuildQtModule.cmake and provides macro
slicerMacroBuildLoadableModule(along with deprecated one named
- Proposal: Rename CMake module from
- Found on the wiki as [Modules]
- Base classes:
- CMake module named SlicerMacroBuildScriptedModule.cmake and provides macro
- Found on the wiki as [Line Interface (CLI)]
- CMake macro:
- Support classes already implemented, support to be added in Slicer very soon. It will allow to write CLI in python like this one: https://github.com/DigitalSlideArchive/HistomicsTK/tree/master/server/NucleiDetection