User:Barre/2008 Summer Project Week
From Slicer Wiki
Notes from what was done during 2008 Summer Project Week
- Various user-friendly optimization (see TODO)
- Ipek Oguz: Help with Offscreen Rendering and making sure it can behave as a command-line program (without a KWW GUI)
- Ragani: Try to convert legacy code, vtkImageResliceST.cxx, based on old vtkImageReslice
- Craig Sharp: Help with Plastimatch; including the CMake code for a CLP was conflicting with his own CMake code. At the end of the day, his library needed to be linked against ITK, as opposed to just his executables; why the CLP CMake code revealed that "problem" is not clear, but in any case that's the way to go in general...
- Luis: discuss the IO formats introspection (see TODO)
- Cleanup some installation/configuration rules in QdecModule and TumorGrowth
- Steve Aylward: SlicerIGT funding
- Steve, Ron, Will: strategy for the infrastructure required to create Slicer3 binaries and separate modules that can be reviewed, downloaded, integrated in Slicer3. Not to be completed by RSNA. Experimentation for the moment. I (Seb) will produce some installers for Slicer3-Core + Modules, installers/ZIP for the CLP (which need to be fixed so that they can be built/installed separately against Slicer3), installers/ZIP for Slicer3-modules (using the macros that will pull them out of their repository and build them automatically), and a GUI in Slicer3 to fetch the ZIP and unpack them.
- Wendy: got some info about the current font system, and make sure she agrees with the rewrite. We will stick to a simpler system, i.e. stick to the default system font and compute a smaller font from there. There will still be a (likely hidden) way to increase the font size globally, in case somebody is presenting through a projector. Feedback from the community will lead to some adjustment, but we will stay clear from hardcoding font size and family.
- Bill: work on the launcher so that it supports a splash screen and the current StarKit launcher can be avoid in RPM installers...
- Win32 Resources:
- How can I implement a start-up screen that displays a bitmap in MFC?
- How to create and insert a splash screen in an SDI application or in an MDI application by using Visual C++ .NET or Visual C++ 2005
- VC++ MFC Sample Code: Transparent bitmap splash screen
- Own-thread Win32 splash screen
- Dialog With Splash Screen
- Making a Splash
- Splasher v1.32 - A Splash Screen Implementation
- X11 Resources:
- Win32 Resources:
- Bill: work on the launcher with splashscreen
- Nathan (Gary Christensen): work on the Atlas app, optimize memory consumption