From Slicer Wiki
Home < Slicer:Developer Meetings:20070130
Time: 2pm Eastern time, held as tcon using NA-MIC engineering call-in number.
- Mantis bug tracker
- working well?
- is everyone registered?
- questions on use?
- Review Slicer3:Status plans
- Other module status? (EMSegment, Nonlinear registration?)
- How will we handle testing?
- Mouse modes in the viewers
- Goal is to unify 2D/3D and make it clear to the user when the mouse will be used to manipulate on-screen items and when it will control the view.
- We'll probably need to break with slicer2/VTK conventions and may want to adopt some 'standard' from other 3D programs.
Attendees: Bill, Jim, Steve, Sebastien, Stephen, Nicole, Wendy, Alex, Katie
- The group is generally happy with manis and wants to keep using it.
- The release plans sound okay (but ambitious and hectic, of course!)
- Stephen came on the phone and after consultation with Ron we agreed that the EMSegmenter atlas registration project should be the highest priority for his nonlinear registration effort
- Mouse mode discussion
- Sebastien said that Kitware came to similar conclusions about the mouse control issue and some of the KWW code supports a single-button interaction style. Right mouse is reserved for a context menu, which subclasses can populate.
- Sebastien also reported that he is looking into adding custom cursor support for KWW so that one can define a cursor from an image easily. This will provide critical user feedback on current mouse mode.