Slicer Developers Meeting
March 15, 2005, 2-3pm, at 1249 Boylston St., second floor demo room.
Topic: Recap of the BIRN meeting, building on Windows
Present: Sylvain Bouix, Katie Hayes, Mike Halle, Jonathan Sacks, Steve Pieper, Nicole Aucoin, Katharina Quintus, Wendy Plesniak, Sonia Pujol
- Toronto training session moved to Dartmouth, May 26&27, Sonia will do user training at the next one at MGH for Bruce Fischl and Randy Gollub, then Randy will be doing them
- Sonia looked at fmri tutorial, java applicatin, from matlab version - all client server, negates 100Gb download, web page to step you through
- for MGH tutorial, more content on vtk FSRs
- Slicer tutorial
- was run on Mac power books for a group of Ob/Gyns
- Apple provided the power books
- Mike has key drive with X11, slicer and a shell script: rename file .command so can double click it and it will run in a terminal for easy installation on a Mac
- Lab to go to Macintosh workstations running OSX? Linux? We need to test build speeds, interactions with editing, benchmark vtkAG, EMSegment
- Building with Microsoft Visual Studio 7.1
- vtkMinHeap.h - windows check in for MSVC 6
- Karl has used #define so he can use French terms
- also found ENDFOR defined as }
- need to get these cleaned up
- Sonia's version needs to work with 2.4 release code for training, but for development use she can use the head of the cvs tree
- Transform volume - Alex Guimond? checked in changes yesterday, works with hierarchical transform applications
- Freesurfer is going open source
- Qball in DTMRI under the ODF tab
- lsdi recon script - is only local, not working
- Release 2.5
- Need ITK with the Nrrd reader with spacing
- Need VTK with grid transform, and tcl wrapping around C exceptions
- Get both repositories tagged with Slicer-2-5
- Freeze check ins on the head until we stabilize it, then branch.
- Use May 26th as our goal?
- Sylvain is going to Portugal to install slicer April 25. Needs EM Segment, vtkAG, transform volume. Needs a windows binary.
- MICCAI deadline is April 11
- Freeze April 16-21, then branch
- moving from gsl to ITK's vnl, but that's longer term
- checking in changes before the fBIRN meeting (end of March)
- LGPL in level sets
- include the cxx files in tarup.tcl?
- module writer is responsible for meeting licensing requirements
- MBirn white matter atlases - Duke and CNI are providing them to the BIRN community DTI Morphometry Projects
- Dave Kennedy - freesurfer cortical parcellation to define central and radiant white matter, labels white matter from landmarks automatically