From Slicer Wiki
Home < Slicer:Developer Meetings:20050301
Slicer Developers Meeting
March 1, 2005, 2-3pm, at 1249 Boylston St., second floor demo room.
Topic: Recap of the NA-MIC meeting
Present: Steve Pieper, Nicole Aucoin, Haiying Liu, Sonja Pujol, Katie Hayes, Mike Halle.
- the remodel of the 1249 Boylston office space is going to go ahead
- Andy Cedilnik should be here on Monday to work on redoing Slicer's build process, Steve will confirm
- Level sets for segmentation?
- Karl did VTK level sets
- Karl and Raul did itk, it's going into ITK
- fast marching by Eric Pichon, moving inot ITK as well
- seed based (with fiducials) segmentation with underlying ITK
- preview window for filters?
- use subvolume module?
- framework for itk filters is needed
- NA-MIC: set up dti, then frmi in ITK
- DTI class done by Jessica Turner at UCI, Michelle Perry at UCSD
- Qball in Slicer now for ODF visualisation
- spatial objects
- Matlab integration issues
- Core 1 and 3 of NA-MIC use it, 2 doesn't use it
- conversion path?
- Octave? not as much support
- what do they use it for most?
- MEX to get C code for distributable Matlab binaries, need Matlab install of the demo version in order to run your binary
- can ship ITK images/code to Matlab
- vnl in slicer via ITK (templated), Raul's module for tensor reconstruction (Lauren doing clustering, direct)
- things the NA-MIC toolkit can offer:
- inherently parallel
- works for large memory requirement problems
- database access
Future Slicer Projects
- Mike: Michelle Borkin from Harvard/Smithsonian Astrophysics Observatory
- wants an astrophysics data reader for itk
- then put astro data in slicer for visualisation
- namic project
- support multichannel (multi wavelength) data
- from Chandra X-ray Observatory, pipeline to transfer coordinate systems
- Katie: Jeremy interested in using for visualising sonar data
- use itk
- proprocess from polar coordiantes for autonomous submarine surveys
- NA-MIC driving applications now rather than core
- stereo matching could go in
- star matching
- Sylvain put his uplaoded data in Nrrd format, readable by ITK IO factory
- they updated the Nrrd reader with spacing via direction vectors
- need orientation matrix
- right now adding mask bit (for example) in Nrrd format is hard to propagate into ITK - overhead, has to exist in ITK via the generic interface