This first end user training event will provide a hands-on introduction to the new Slicer3. Participants will learn how to load, save and visualize individual data sets, models, and scenes. Interactive editing, the EM segmenter and the dMR infrastructure will be discussed and reviewed.
Course Instructor: Sonia Pujol, Ph.D., Surgical Planning Laboratory, Harvard Medical School.
- The workshop will be held on Wednesday February 20, 2008 in the Demo room at the Surgical Planning Laboratory facility, 1249 Boylston Street, Boston MA.
- Participants are required to come with their own computer (PC, Linux or MacOS) with a built-in version of Slicer3.
- Attendance is limited to 15 participants. To sign-up for this event, please send an e-mail to Sonia Pujol (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu) with your contact information and the characteristics of your computer (OS, RAM, Processor).
Agenda 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- 8:45 am - 9:00 am Preliminary session: checking for software and data installation
- 9:00 am - 9:15 am Goals of the Workshop and Introduction to Slicer3
- 9:15 am - 10:15 am Hands-on Session 1: Data Loading and Visualization in Slicer3
- 10:15 am - 10:25 am Coffee-break
- 10:25 am - 10:45 am Hands-on Session 2: Data Saving in Slicer3
- 10:45 am - 11:00 am Feedback by participants, Guided tour of the Slicer3 Bug Tracker and Conclusion
Preparation for the Workshop
Please complete the following items prior to the course. Support will be provided as requested
- Software Installation: Please install the newest Slicer3 release appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
The instructions for installing the Slicer3 program describe the different steps of the procedure on Mac OS, Linux and Windows.
- Data to download: Please install the tutorial dataset SlicerSampleVisualization.tar.gz.
Back to NA-MIC Events