The Alpha1 version of Slicer3, to be in place by the end of March 2006, will have a first implementation of the following features. Refactoring/Improvement is expected to be ongoing, but this will be a preview for Cores 1 and 3 to see the direction we are going.
- Spec to be discussed. Possible options:
- Registration Interface
- Population study batch job manager
- Simple Image Viewer (possibly some Editor functions)
(Steve will propose, for discussion by group)
- Naming conventions for files and classes
- Directory Layout
- Functional breakdown between libraries, application, modules
Here's a rough slicer 3 architecture diagram to help explain some of the ideas.
(Andy, Katie - ASAP)
- svn repository set up to build 'skeleton' app
- vtk5, kwwidgets, itk
- CMake files
- Nightly builds and tests
- CPack'ed nightly installers
- svn co http://svn.slicer.org/Slicer3/trunk Slicer3
/Libs /VTK /ITK /KWWidgets /TclTk /MRML /Base /Logic /GUI /Modules /Module1 /Logic /GUI /Module2 /Logic /GUI ...
- A buildable MRML library with API for core data nodes (Volumes, Models, Fiducials, Transforms...)
- A prototype for a DTMRI MRML node
Coordinate System Manager
- API and buildable lib for Linear transforms applied to MRML nodes
- Spec and tools for self-describing command line arguments
- Example GUI built from CL description
- Skeleton Framework of Slicer3 desktop application
- KWWidgets application shell with 3D View, slice windows, module area, main menu...
- An example of loading a slicer2.x module into the new build (so that vtk classes are callable)
- UI, MRML interaction not expected to be working in the Alpha stage
- Port key slicer2.x vtk classes to vtk5
- Example of how to invoke a pipeline module using the Slicer3 Execution Model syntax
- Example of how to start a condor job using the Slicer3 Execution Model syntax