From Slicer Wiki
Home < Slicer < Features < GUI
- session leader
David Gobbi: 2 items for Prostate IGT
- Sebastien already started the work.
- Compacting the GUI for complex modules
- It would be great to prototype the GUI using TCL/TK or Python (issues with callbacks)
- how to add additional windows, like external display? (two screen setup)
- issues with cross platform - abstraction layer for different screens
- making full screen in the projection window
- Sebastien: I think it's doable
- Steve: 10 years ago it was with filters - window to image, image to window
- Stephen: big workspace, automatically handled by Slicer (configuration file)
- Wendy: shared desktop / window (performance issues)
- Steve: Mirror a VTK window after it was rendered (send it to an image actor on the other window)
- Stephen: More generic - send it through the network
- Steve: use the same protocol for sending a stream of US, or other video/image (VTK based at Yale)
- Noby: should we include it into the project?
- David: it's a requirement for our project
- Steve P: it is a reasonable request
- Steve P: How about using a Web Browser (Flash client) for this? (Transmit through Internet)
- Noby: how we access this functionality? The screen configuration button that already exists?
- Ron: How about the Lightbox option in Slicer? Additions for IGT and stored through the MRML tree.
- Wendy: it's part of the human interface discussion (configurable GUI)
- Wendy: go through the GUI elements - hide/show functions
- Csaba: can we just hide/show for ourselves this widgets, like through an XML
- Steve: yes, that's easy to do (action item)
- David: can we change the default 3D scene? DICOM coordinate is not in the middle of the view.
- Steve: this look is legacy, we should think about changing it. We need to improve it.
- Wendy: do we need the cube?
- David: yes, it's useful
- Steve: it should be the boundary of the volume?
- David: almost always, something like one cube per volume
- Steve: the cube is actually the patient. How about an outline of the human body?
- Csaba: automatic registration of the images (volume) to an anatomical atlas is not an easy task
- Foot pedal: it's already implemented: socket using NaviTrack
- Point and shout
- Voice recognition: already used (MS technology)
- Audio feedback when a task is completed? Or when there's a specified status, like "you're in the tumor"? Noby - we already used that
- Error message / color feedback (like: IGSRK's red border around views) - beep is better many times
- based on State machine
- State machine: state / input / transition - cluster of states / writer superclass / ...
- State machine: callback and event supported
- Wizard Workflow
- KWWidgets Wizard Workflow Powerpoint presentation.