Module Type & Category
Authors, Collaborators & Contact
- Alex Yarmarkovich, Isomics, SPL
- Contact: Alex Yarmarkovich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Create and edit ROI's
Region Of Interest (ROI) is used in other modules such as ClipModels, VolumeRendering, etc.
The ROI module allows managing of Regions Of Interest, save them and share them between other slicer modules.
ROI's in Slicer3 have MRML node representation that defines the size and the location of an ROI. ROI's are rendered in the Slicer 3D viewer using bounding boxes. You can interact with an ROI directly by dragging the color balls with the mouse. ROI's can be placed inside the Transfomation Node in the Data module. The transformation specifies the ROI's orientation in RAS space and controls the locations and the size of an ROI.
Using ROI module you can performs the following actions:
- Create new ROI Nodes.
- Select existing ROI Nodes for editing.
- Toggle the selected ROI visibility.
- Edit the size and location of an ROI.
- You can interact with ROI's directly by dragging the color balls with the mouse.
- You can transform ROI (rotate and translate) by placing it under Transformation MRML node in the Scene module, and editing the transformation.
Examples, Use Cases & Tutorials
- ROI module manages multiple ROI's that are used in other modules such as ClipModel and VolumeRendering modules.
Quick Tour of Features and Use
- ROI Lists are not currently used an will be depreciated in Slicer3.5
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker.
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker. Please select the usability issue category when browsing or contributing.
Follow this link to the vtkSlicerROIGUI and vtkSlicerROIViewerWidget source code in ViewVC.
Documentation generated by doxygen.