Plastimatch > DICOM-RT Import
Module Type & Category
Authors, Collaborators & Contact
- Authors: See AUTHORS.TXT contained within the package
- Contact: Greg Sharp, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Web page: http://plastimatch.org
This is the DICOM / DICOM-RT import module. It allows you to select a directory containing DICOM-RT structure sets and/or dose, which it will convert into 3D Slicer labelmap and/or scalar image. This module also loads the DICOM CT image without requiring the need to use the Slicer volume import wizard.
Note: In a Slicer, a labelmap voxel can only belong to one structure. However, DICOM-RT allows a region to belong to any number of strucutres. Therefore, importing DICOM-RT structure sets as Slicer labelmaps will usually result in a loss of data. This module uses a "last structure wins" strategy for assigning labels to overlapping volumes.
Note: Because DICOM-RT structures are specified as polylines, there is a small loss of fidelity when they are converted into rasterized volumes.
Quick Tour of Features and Use
Notes from the Developer(s)
Developer-oriented documentation is found on the plastimatch web site: http://plastimatch.org
This module has no dependencies.
Plastimatch features approximately 100 test cases.
Please report usability issues to the bug tracker.
Source code & documentation
We recommended to download the latest source code from subversion:
Plastimatch is an open source software for deformable image registration. It is designed for high-performance volumetric registration of medical images, such as X-ray computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET). Software features include:
- B-spline method for deformable image registration (GPU and multicore accelerated)
- Demons method for deformable image registration (GPU accelerated)
- ITK-based algorithms for translation, rigid, affine, demons, and B-spline registration
- Pipelined, multi-stage registration framework with seamless conversion between most algorithms and transform types
- Landmark-based deformable registration using thin-plate splines for global registration
- Landmark-based deformable registration using radial basis functions for local corrections
- Broad support for 3D image file formats (using ITK), including Dicom, Nifti, NRRD, MetaImage, and Analyze
- Dicom and DicomRT import and export
- XiO import and export
- Plugins for 3D Slicer
Plastimatch also features two handy utilities which are not directly related to image registration:
- FDK cone-beam CT reconstruction (GPU and multicore accelerated)
- Digitally reconstructed radiograph (DRR) generation (GPU and multicore accelerated)
National Institutes of Health
NIH / NCI 6-PO1 CA 21239
Federal share of program income earned by MGH on C06CA059267
Progetto Rocca Foundation
A collaboration between MIT and Politecnico di Milano
- G Sharp et al. "Plastimatch - An open source software suite for radiotherapy image processing," Proceedings of the XVIth International Conference on the use of Computers in Radiotherapy, May, 2010.