For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
Author(s)/Contributor(s): Alex Yarmarkovich, Steve Pieper, Demian Wassermann, Isaiah Norton (SPL, LMI, BWH, SlicerDMRI)
License: 3D Slicer Contribution and Software License Agreement
Acknowledgements: The SlicerDMRI developers gratefully acknowledge funding for this project provided by NIH NCI ITCR U01CA199459 (Open Source Diffusion MRI Technology For Brain Cancer Research), NIH P41EB015898 (National Center for Image-Guided Therapy) and NIH P41EB015902 (Neuroimaging Analysis Center), as well as the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149.
This module is used for interactive seeding of DTI fiber tracts starting from a list of fiducial points or vertices of a model, or a label map volume.
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- Use Case 1: Create DTI fiber tracts starting from a list of fiducial points. Tracks created from a small number of fiducial points are are highly interactive and can be used in exploration mode while moving fiducials with the help of transformations. This mode can be useful in pre-op planning or for tracking tools during the surgery.
- Use Case 2: Create DTI fiber tracts starting from vertices of a model. This mode can be useful for exploring tracts around a tumor model.
- Use Case 2: Create DTI fiber tracts starting from a label map volume. Tracks created from a label map ROI can be used in interactive mode while modifying the label map using Editor module.
Links to tutorials that use this module:
- Slicer4 Diffusion Tensor Imaging Tutorial: https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Training#Slicer4_Diffusion_Tensor_Imaging_Tutorial
- Slicer4 Neurosurgical Planning Tutorial: https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.5/Training#Slicer4_Neurosurgical_Planning_Tutorial
Panels and their use
Information for Developers