For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the SparKit project, funded by An Applied Cancer Research Unit of Cancer Care Ontario with funds provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology (OCAIRO) to provide free, open-source toolset for radiotherapy and related image-guided interventions.
The DoseComparison module computes the difference between two co-registered dose volumes using the gamma dose distribution comparison method. This module uses the gamma Plastimatch algorithm internally.
Comparing dose distributions
Panels and their use
- Reference dose volume: Dose distribution used as reference
- Evaluated dose volume: Dose distribution used as evaluation/compare
- Mask structure: Segmentation and contained segment within which the gamma index is calculated, but not outside (it will be 0)
- Distance-to-agreement (DTA): Mark dose voxel as failed if closest dose voxel with same value found in distance higher than this threshold, see Low paper below
- Dose difference criteria: Mark dose voxel as failed if dose difference is equal or greater than this threshold, see Low paper below
- Maximum value / Custom: Reference dose value for threshold can be either the maximum dose in the dose map, or a custom cGy value
- Do not calculate gamma values for voxels below analysis threshold
- Use linear interpolation
- Upper bound for gamma values: If gamma value would be higher than this value, the value will be set instead
- Dose threshold on reference only
- Gamma volume: Output volume to contain gamma map. Needs to be created using the combobox. Name will be automatically filled from the names of the input volumes
- General information about the algorithm
- Low, D. A.; Harms, W. B.; Mutic, S. & Purdy, J. A. A technique for the quantitative evaluation of dose distributions Med. Phys, 1998, 25 (5), 656/6
- Low, D. A. & Dempsey, J. F. Evaluation of the gamma dose distribution comparison method Med. Phys, 2003, 30 (9), 2455/10
- Cross-validation of the SlicerRT gamma calculation algorithm
Information for Developers