Home < Documentation < Nightly < Developers < Tutorials < Module
Slicer supports three types of modules: Command Line Interface (CLI), Loadable Modules and Scripted Modules.
While the developer has to choose between one of the three types to implement its module, the end user will NOT notice the difference as they all share the same look & feel.
The choice for a given type of module is usually based on the type of inputs/parameters for a given module.
- Create a CLI module or extension
- Create a Loadable module or extension
- Create a Scripted module or extension
- Create an Editor effect
- Bundle module(s) into a Slicer extension
- Build module outside of Slicer source tree
- Add or Update a Remote module NEW