For the latest Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
Author: Junichi Tokuda (BWH), Laurent Chauvin (BWH)
Contact: Junichi Tokuda <email> firstname.lastname@example.org</email>
License: Slicer license |- |
This work is supported by NA-MIC, NCIGT, and the Slicer Community. This work is partially supported by NIH R01CA138586 "A New Method For Improved Targeting in Image-Guided Abdominal Interventions" (PI: Nobuhiko Hata), P01-CA67165 "Image Guided Therapy" (PI: Clare M. Tempany)
The module has been developed based on ideas and feedback from the community. We would like to especially thank:
- Dr. Matthew Jolley, M.D., Fellow in Pediatric Anesthesia / Pediatric Cardiology, Boston Children's Hospital.
- Dr. Sumit Agrawal, MD, FRCS, Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Western Ontario.
- Dr. Wei Wang, Ph.D., Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Dr. Ron Kikinis, M.D. Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Dr. Steve Pieper, Ph.D. Isomics, Inc.
CurveMaker is a simple scripted module to generate a 3D curve from a fiducial list. Curves between fiducial points are interpolated by vtkSplineFilter. The curve is dynamically updated as the fiducial list is modified (moved/added/deleted). The module is useful to draw lines in 3D space, or visualize tracked catheters.
- Draw lines in 3D.
- Visualization of catheters.
Panels and their use
- Source points: The list of fiducial points on the curve
- Curve model: The model of the curve.
- Radius: The radius of the curve model.
- Interpolation: The method to interpolate the fiducial points.
- None: The points are connected by a straight line.
- Cardinal Spline: The default method.
- Hermite Spline: The same interpolation method as the Documentation/Nightly/Modules/Endoscopy module. Useful for visualizing the trajectory of the virtual endoscope.
- Ring Mode (Added June 1, 2015): Generate a closed-loop. (NOTE: Ring Mode does not support Hermit Spline. Ring Mode "On" is disabled, when Hermit Spline is selected.)
- Enable: Start updating the curve model based on the curve. While this check box is on, the curve model is automatically updated whenever the parameters are modified.
- Length: The length of the current curve is shown in millimeter.
Information for Developers
The code is available at Github.