Documentation/4.5/Developers/Tutorials/Contribute Extension Description File using Extension Wizard
For the latest Slicer developers documentation, visit the Nightly page.
It will automatically generates the extension description file (
.s4ext) based on the
CMakeLists.txt in the extension directory.
- Extension description file: This is a text file with extension
.s4extthat fully described an extension. More details here.
- ExtensionsIndex: This is a repository containing a list of extension description files
*.s4ext. These description files are used by the Slicer extensions build system to build, test, package and upload extensions on the extensions server. More details here
- Extension belongs to Category 1 or Category 2 as described in Slicer requirements
- Extension has been built, tested and installed on at least one platform (Linux, MacOSX or Windows)
- Terminal command - Block like the one below indicates that the command should be executed in a terminal.
$ echo "This is a command"
Contributing a new extension / Requesting an extension update
Typing this command will create a pull request on ExtensionsIndex repository.
Extensions built against Slicer trunk
$ bin/slicerExtensionWizard --contribute ~/src/Slicer-MyExtension/
Extensions build against Slicer 4.10
$ bin/slicerExtensionWizard --contribute --target 4.10 ~/src/Slicer-MyExtension/