1. a) Click on the Modules menu and select the module Editor. b)The ‘SlicerApp-real’ window appears. Select the label map GenericAnatomyColors and click Apply.
2. a) Select the PaintEffect b) Scroll down the Editor module and choose color #293 for the region 1 label
3. a) In a single motion, draw a short line in the cystic part of the tumor b) Select color #294 for the mass label and, again in a single motion, draw a short line in the solid part of the tumor c) Select color #295 for the region 3 and draw a circle around the tumor
4. Select the GrowCutEffect tool and then click Apply
5. Scroll up the Editor menu and select the tab Per-Structure Volumes. Then click Split Merge Volume.
6. a) Select the volume BaselineVolumeregion_3-label so that it is highlighted and that the yellow region is visible in the viewer b) Select the ThresholdEffect tool
7. Scroll down the Editor module and set the lower Threshold Range to 1700 and click Apply.
8. a) Select the SaveIslandEffect in the Editor module b) With the SaveIslandEffect tool equipped, click in the occipital horn of the ventricle.
9. a) Scroll back up and click on Merge and Build to merge the different label maps, and generate the 3D models of the tumor and ventricles using a Marching Cubes algorithm. b) Click on the Layout menu and select Conventional.
10. Slicer displays the 3D surface reconstructions of the ventricles, and solid and cystic parts of the tumor.
11. Position the mouse over the pin icon, and select the eye icon to view the all the slices in the 3D viewer.