Home < Documentation < 4.3 < Modules < SubjectHierarchy
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the SparKit project, funded by An Applied Cancer Research Unit of Cancer Care Ontario with funds provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology (OCAIRO) to provide free, open-source toolset for radiotherapy and related image-guided interventions.
Author: Csaba Pinter (PerkLab, Queen's University)
Contact: Csaba Pinter, <email>email@example.com</email>
Back to SlicerRT home
Cancer Care Ontario
Software Platform and Adaptive Radiotherapy Kit
Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology
The SubjectHierarchy module manages all data that has been loaded from DICOM.
- Load DICOM data and need to see in the same hierarchy
- Add external data to subject hierarchy
- Transform whole study (coming soon)
- Export DICOM data (coming soon)
- Create contour from labelmap or model
- Easily show study in views
- Edit DICOM tags (coming soon)
None specifically for Subject Hierarchy yet
- Create contour from scratch
- In Contours module select 'Create new Contour' in the contour selector drop-down to create a new contour
- In Subject Hierarchy module drag&drop new contour from 'Potential subject hierarchy nodes' list to under a contour set in the tree
- The default representation is an empty Ribbon model. It can be converted to Indexed labelmap in the Contours module and then the labelmap can be edited in the Editor module
- Create contour from labelmap volume or model
- In Subject Hierarchy module drag&drop the existing representation (labelmap or model) from 'Potential subject hierarchy nodes' list to under a contour set in the tree. This way an encapsulating Contour node gets created and associated to the corresponding color table
- Create new generic Subject hierarchy node from scratch
- Right-click on an existing node and select 'Create generic child node'. The level of the child node will be one under the parent node if available (e.g. 'Patient' -> 'Study', 'Subseries' -> 'Subseries').
- Create new Contour set from scratch
- Right-click on an existing Study node and select 'Create child contour set'. This menu item is only available for Study level nodes
- Create new Patient/Subject from scratch
- Right-click on the top-level item 'Scene' and select 'Create new patient' or subject
- Rename Subject hierarchy node
- Right-click on the node and select 'Rename'
- Deform contour set using a transform (registration result)
- Bulk resampling not implemented yet :(
Subject hierarchy module GUI
Panels and their use
- Subject hierarchy tree (top)
- Contains all the objects in the Subject hierarchy in a tree representation.
- The only items that exist in the tree before importing any data are the default contour set and its corresponding color table, which facilitates Contour node creation without having any DICOM data imported
- MRML Node Inspector (closed drop-down panel under the tree)
- Displays the attributes of the currently selected Subject hierarchy node. Can be edited by double-clicking on an attribute name or value
- Potential subject hierarchy nodes list
- List of nodes that are currently outside the subject hierarchy, but can be added. Nodes are listed in this list if there is at least one plugin that can do the adding of that node.
Information for Developers