Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work was in part funded by An Applied Cancer Research Unit of Cancer Care Ontario with funds provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology (OCAIRO) to provide free, open-source toolset for radiotherapy and related image-guided interventions.
The ExternalBeamPlanning module is a generic, extensible module for forward planning of external beam radiation therapy treatments.
- Proton dose calculation
- Any dose engine can be integrated (C++, Python, Matlab)
Panels and their use
- External Beam Planning module
- Basic plan data: Reference volume, Structure set, Isocenter, Target volume, Dose engine, Prescription dose
- Beam list
- Beams module: edit parameters of individual beams
- Energy (extensible by plugins)
- Beam model (extensible by plugins)
- Sharp, G., Pinter, C., Unkelbach, J., Fichtinger, G. (2017). Open Source Proton Treatment Planning in 3D Slicer: Status Update. Proceedings to the 56 Annual Meeting of the Particle Therapy Cooperative Group (PTCOG), 8-13 May 2017. International Journal of Particle Therapy: Summer 2017, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 14-83.
Information for Developers
- Sample C++ dose engine: https://github.com/SlicerRt/SlicerRT/blob/master/ExternalBeamPlanning/DoseEngines/qSlicerMockDoseEngine.h
- Sample Python dose engine: https://github.com/SlicerRt/SlicerRT/blob/master/ExternalBeamPlanning/DoseEngines/Python/MockPythonDoseEngine.py
- Future plans
- Inverse planning capabilities
- Matlab plugin adapter
- Ports module (apertures, MLC, target volume)
- Beam groups (common parameters for a group of beams)