From Slicer Wiki
Home < Documentation < 4.10 < FAQ < UserInterface
How to overlay 2 volumes ?
- Load the two volumes
- Use the slice viewer controls to select one of the volumes as the foreground and one as the background.
- Change the opacity of the Foreground to your liking.
- If you click on the link symbol, this happens to all viewers
How to load data from a sequence of jpg, tif, or png files?
- Choose from the menu: File / Add Data
- Click Choose File(s) to Add button and select any of the files in the sequence in the displayed dialog. Important: do not choose multiple files or the entire parent folder, just a single file of the sequence.
- Click on Show Options and uncheck the Single File option
- Click OK to load the volume
- Go to the Volumes module
- Choose the loaded image as Active Volume
- In the Volume Information section set the correct Image Spacing and Image Origin values
- Most modules require grayscale image as input. The loaded color image can be converted to a grayscale image by using the Vector to scalar volume module
Note: Consumer file formats, such as jpg, png, and tiff are not well suited for 3D medical image storage due to the following serious limitations:
- Storage is often limited to bit depth of 8 bits per channel: this causes significant data loss, especially for CT images.
- No standard way of storing essential metadata: slice spacing, image position, orientation, etc. must be guessed by the user and provided to the software that imports the images. If the information is not entered correctly then the images may appear distorted and measurements on the images may provide incorrect results.
- No standard way of indicating slice order: data may be easily get corrupted due to incorrectly ordered or missing frames.