From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20150825
- Update of the G+ community management process. See #3DSlicer BarCamp moderators.
- Plan for 4.5 release. See http://wiki.slicer.org/wiki/Roadmap#Releases
- Jorge made good progress setting up MacOSX dashboard for slicer-miniconda. See here
- Provenance: Integrate document describing build environment into the binaries. A final DICOM should be released shortly. In the mean time, most of the concepts are summarized here
- Release 4.5 / Pre-release schedule:
- Notify community
- Create google doc draft for sending email about the coming release
- Create a roadmap/ vision (copy idea from Ron slides at bisti.nih.gov)
- When: Prior to RSNA (Nov 29 to Dec 4) - See http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/RSNA_2015
- "Freeze" time frame: Mid-October
- Confirm existing tutorials work as expected + add missing SelfTests
- Green dashboard
- Push to improve startup performance
- Check with Sonia what are the requirements to have Slicer installed on the workstations
- Check with Csaba/Andras about:
- new Editor/Segmentation ?
- integrating Sequences module into the core ?
- Check with Davide Punzo about Slicer Astronomy
- Post 4.5:
- The 4.x series will be for bug fixes / performance improvements
- 5.x series:
- Update to Qt 5 ?
- Switch to OpenGL2 backend for VTK
- Switch to py3k
To be determined: use miniconda distribution by default. Things look promising so far.
3DSlicer BarCamp moderators
Hi Folks, To simplify the Slicer G+ community management, I was thinking to change the settings so that anyone could join without approval. It has been like this for ITK for a while and they didn't have any spam. If we all agree, I will: (1) update the following wiki page and accept all pending requests: http://wiki.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/FAQ/BarCamp#Moderators:_How_to_approve.2Freject_requests_.3F (2) also update the "Start Here" page to ask develop to optionally introduce them self on the slicer devel list. See http://wiki.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/StartHere Let me know what you think, Thanks