From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20150407
- Create a new release: 4.4.1 or 4.5 ?
- Failing test: EMSegCL_Task_HumanEye_BRAINS_small
- Issue witg DataProbeLib
- Python module infrastructure improvement
- Since commit r24155, scripted module are imported as python module.
- The next change will be to support loading of slicer scripted module as regular python module (a folder with __init__.py)
- A landmark file could be added to scripted module folder (slicer.json or slicer-module.json)
- This landmark file could then be used to speedup the startup time by loading only the core scripted module.
- CLI and loadable module infrastructure improvement
- Similarly to scripted module, the Slicer module loader could look for a landmark file
- Python interactor improvement
- Would be nice to have history, support for CTRL-A and CTRL-R
- We discussed the integration of readline or libedit but that could be a lot of work for a small gain
- Instead trying to integrate IPython would provide us with a lot.
- Some work to integrate ctkPythonConsole and IPython has been started last year (See QEmbedIPython)