From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20140128
- New SlicerWizard to create extension (Matthew Woehlke). See mwoehlke-kitware/Slicer@3566-refactor-wizard
- VTK6 integration status update (Yuzheng Zhou). See integration status
- VTK 6 doesn't provide backwards compatibility for lots of APIs with VTK 4 and 5.
- In VTK 6, data and execution “models” (algorithms) are seperated. A vtkDataObject doesn't contain the pipeline information anymore.
- What are needed to do:
- Done: build system migration (conditional build Slicer and dependency projects using VTK 5 or VTK 6)
- Done: removal of VTK 4 backwards compatibility superclasses (vtkProcessObject, vtkSource and all of their subclasses)
- In progress (90% done): removal of the pipeline meta-data API from vtkDataObject (E.g. AllocateScalars(), SetWholeExtent(), etc.)
- In progress (90% done): removal of Data Objects’ Dependency on the Pipeline (E.g. RequestData(), ExecuteData(), SetInput(), Update() etc.)
- TODO: testing
- vtkITK simplification:
- vtkITK: VTKGlue ?