From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20131126
- SimpleITK v0.7.1
- a couple bug fixes
- Refactoring of RemoteIO. See below
- Extension and dependency on ITKDeprecated and ITKV3Compatibility library
News & Update
- Support for Slicer_USE_SYSTEM_* options
- Integration of LandmarkRegistration in trunk
Usage of RemoteIO in Slicer
(1) Jc - Nov 26, 2013 I notice that the only reason we depend on curl is for existence of RemoteIO library that has been "replaced" by SampleData and DataStore. I really like the concept of registering URI that could be downloaded that is why we should keep the infrastructure in place. That said, I was thinking to get remove the following classes: vtkHIDHandler.h vtkHIDTagTable.h vtkSRBHandler.h vtkXNATHandler.h vtkXNDHandler.h vtkXNDTagTable.h Then, we could implement a Qt based vtkHTTPHandler handler, that way we could simply remove the curl dependency. In the mean time, I would also remove the FetchMI logic which is not maintained or used at that point. Let me know what you think, // -------------------- (2) Andras - Nov 26, 2013 It’s always a good idea to make the core smaller and simpler, so I support the idea of getting rid of unused classes and unnecessary dependencies. We planned to use curl for uploading training results in a .zip file to Moodle, but I guess we can add curl to our module then. // -------------------- (3) Jc - Nov 26, 2013 Thanks for commenting. If your module is a loadable or a scripted module, all "curl" functionality can be provided by Qt. Would that work for you ? // -------------------- (4) Andras - Nov 26, 2013 We would need quite complex curl functionalities for uploading data, see the scripts below: https://gist.github.com/Joshkunz/4516316 https://github.com/proyectoeduhub/moodle-cli/blob/master/moodle-file-upload-curl.sh Would it be feasible to implement these? // -------------------- (5) Jc - Nov 26, 2013 Good point. The plan would then be to: (1) remove dependency of Slicer core against curl (2) Only, build both the Curl library and the curl executable, keeping them in the package. That way, it would provide great flexibility with minimum overhead. // -------------------- (6) Steve - Nov 26, 2013 Sounds like an excellent plan. Yes, I like the design of the remote IO support in MRML, but it's not being used and is great to simplify wherever possible. FetchMI can go away for now, with the hope that we'll reproduce and improve on it in the future (someday).
- ITK tag to
- SimpleITK to release branch
- ITK tag to
- Steve: Slicer AHM Tutorial related to wrapping of custom class using SimpleITK ?
- Brad: The underlying infrastructure is not yet ready to support this. We should provide some requirement / use case.