From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20120522
Attendees: Andrey Fedorov, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin, Julien Finet, Andras Lasso, Christopher Mullins, Steve Pieper, Justin Senseney, Alexander Yarmarkovich
- Slicer 4.2 planning - 70 issues (http://tinyurl.com/bu72t7w) / Total issues 106 (http://tinyurl.com/7rxfspg)
- Meaning_of_vtkMRMLNode::ModifiedSinceRead See #2082
- Nicole / Andras: multiple colors within one Model saving as vtk?
- Update of download.slicer.org so that links can not easily be "downloaded" by malicious bots #2103
- Logo associated with CLI. Should we just recommend png ? See #2072
- Version of DCMTK to support SlicerRT (needs dcmrt subdirectory) (Andras, Steve)
- Review of Plans for Slicer4 port made in January 2011 to identify outstanding tasks.
- Add issue to Slicer/ExtensionsIndex to track the extension that should be integrated to Slicer. See https://github.com/Slicer/ExtensionsIndex/issues?state=open
- Preparation for Project Week and NAC Site Visit.
Slicer 4.2 planning
Hi Ron, Would be great if we could work all together to define the list of issues we plan to address for Slicer 4.2. What do you think if we release Slicer 4.2 September 1st ? It means the "code freeze" would happen August 15th. Ideally, the version of Slicer that would be used for RSNA would be 4.2. Does that sounds a reasonable option ? The current list of issue associated with 4.2 is available here: http://tinyurl.com/7rxfspg If there is any issue you would like to see address for 4.2 that are either targeted for 4.3 or not associated to any target, it would be ideal if you could list them and communicate me this list before Tuesday morning. Then, during the Tuesday hangouts, we would review, assign and discuss with the other developer to see what's feasible for 4.2 or if any trade-of should be made. Defining such list doesn't mean everything will be written in stone, it will still possible to add new issues after discussing with the developer that would be in charge of addressing them. Thanks
Meaning of vtkMRMLNode::ModifiedSinceRead
From Julien - May 16, 2012: What is the exact meaning of vtkMRMLNode::ModifiedSinceRead ? From what I understand, it is a flag set to true if the "data" (e.g. vtkImageData, vtkPolyData) associated to the node has been modified since it has been set and observed. Currently, this information is only used by the Save Data dialog to know if the "data" needs to be saved or not. In the future, I believe it should be used by the SceneView node to know when saving "data". If my understanding is correct, then I don't understand your fix. Can you please comment ? Also, wouldn't it make sense that ModifiedSinceRead becomes a vtkMRMLStorableNode property instead of a vtkMRMLNode property?
Linux dashboard issues
Hi Folks, I tried few things and I failed to prevent the crash :( Looking at the note of issue 2075  will provide you with the details of what I tried. We could probably envision updating to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Especially considering Ubuntu 8.04 LTS desktop ended "its life" in May 2011. See roadmap  If packages created on Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't work, it also probably mean we will have to setup Virtual machine for OpenSuse / fedora / centOs. (This is something to keep in mind .. it doesn't mean we will implement it right away) Let me know what you think. Thanks Jc  http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=2075  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
Run-time use of ExternalData
Hi Steve, Jim, We meet with Patrick. Here are the conclusions: 1) Our intern Chris will probably be working with me to: - add "caching" to the midas python library midas - implement the cmake macros/functions allowing to configure the list of hash embedded in Slicer so that tests could download data. 2) I will contact "Aldebaran" team to find out more about their python implementation of ctest See http://www.aldebaran-robotics.com/documentation/qibuild/ref/python/packages/qibuild/ctest.html and https://github.com/aldebaran/qibuild/blob/master/python/run_tests.py
- Clarified what are the estimated release date for 4.1.1 and 4.2.
- The targets in Mantis have been renamed into
Slicer 4.1.1 - June 1st 2012and
Slicer 4.2 - Sept 1st 2012
- See Roadmap
- The targets in Mantis have been renamed into
- Discussed the
- Issue #2082 - Currently assigned to Julien
- Discussed problem related to Linux dashboard. #2075
- The dashboard has been updated to Ubuntu 10.04. It's understood that the range of supported distribution has been reduced. We will be addressing issue on a case by case basis and act accordingly.
- Clarified the issue discussed by Andras and Nicole about the ModelMaker.
- Given the fact there are currently alternative ways of achieving the desired goal, no action will be taken.
- Refactoring of ModelMaker hasn't been planned
- Nevertheless, more testing could probably be added to ModelMaker.
- More generally, it has also been agreed that adding thorough unit-tests/testing early on could reveal reveal helpful to ensure a better scalability of the code.
- Discussed what should be done regarding the download attempt of Slicer by "malicious" bot. See #2103
- Whatever solution is implemented, we should make sure to maintain the possibility of doing direct download. See 2103#c4561
- Agreed that logo associated to CLI could be specified using
- The tools originally available in KWWidget could be extracted
- SlicerExecution model could be updated to support both method of specifying images (header and png)
- Issue #2072
- Discussed how to move forward with Slicer and
- Given the fact
DCMRTcan be compiled as an independent library by specifying
DMCTK_DIR, waiting for Offis (DCMTK maintainer) officially publish the associated code, as an intermediate solution allowing to easily maintain the corresponding code, the following action will be done:
- Add issues to mantis allowing to track the different action to be done (Jc)
- Create a repository in Slicer github organization and grant access to Andras (Jc)
- Publish code and ensure it can be build on windows (Andras)
- Check that it can be build on linux / macosx (Steve)
- Integrate DCMRT into Slicer as an external project
- Given the fact
- Reviewed Plans for Slicer4 port made in January 2011
- FastMarching: ToBeDone ?
- Andriy mentioned that the Annotation needs to first stabilize before moving forward.
- Andriy identified issues associated that Annotation that need to be addressed for 4.2 release:
- Agreed that some synergy between developers working on integrating Midas and XNat could be nice.
- Jc will provide Steve with an update regarding the Midas / Qt work. If it applies, Jc will mention what could be discussed at the project week.
- PETCTFusion: Work in progress ?
- Andras, Julien and Steve discussed an issue related to centering of images upon loading.