Module Type & Category
Authors, Collaborators & Contact
- Wendy Plesniak: BWH
- Jim Miller: GE Research
- Steve Pieper: Isomics
- Ron Kikinis: BWH
- Contact: Jim Miller, millerjv at research.ge.com
The Slices module provides access to all Slice nodes in a single panel. The Slices module can be used to control Slice Viewers whenever the SliceController is collapsed on a Slice Viewer or whenever a Slice Viewer is not visible in a particular layout.
The panel provides two frames. The first is the "Slice Controllers" pane which contains a SliceControllerWidget for each slice node. These SliceControllerWidgets are identical to the SliceControllerWidgets atop each Slice Viewer. The lower pane is the "Slice Information" pane which provides an alternative method to access the parameters of a particular Slice node.
Select the Slices module from the Module pulldown.
Use cases, Examples
- Controlling a Slice node when its Slice Viewer is not visible, e.g. turning off the Slice visibility of the Green Slice when the layout is the Compare View
- Adjusting Slice parameters when the SliceController on a Slice Viewer is collapsed to save vertical screen space for image display.
May be added to the beginner Slicer tutorials at a later date.
Quick Tour of Features and Use
- Slice Controllers: Provides a stack of SliceControllers to adjust the Red, Yellow, Green, or Compare View slices.
- Slice Information: Alternative access mode to the parameters of a single Slice node.
Notes from the Developer(s)
The red, green, and yellow SliceControllers are displayed before the Compare View and other controllers. The Compare View controllers are displayed in the same order in which the viewers are stacked in Compare View (top to bottom).
MRML and components of Base
The available SliceControllers in the Slices GUI is updated when entering and exiting the module. If a change in the Slice nodes occurs while the Slices module is visible, the number of SliceControllers will not update. The user must exit and re-enter the Slices module (by switching to another module and then back) to update the SliceControllers.
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker.
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker. Please select the usability issue category when browsing or contributing.
Source code & documentation
vtkSlicerSlicesGUI.h source code.
vtkSlicerSlicesGUI documentation generated by doxygen.