For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.6 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
The MedianImageFilter is commonly used as a robust approach for noise reduction. This filter is particularly efficient against "salt-and-pepper" noise. In other words, it is robust to the presence of gray-level outliers. MedianImageFilter computes the value of each output pixel as the statistical median of the neighborhood of values around the corresponding input pixel.
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- Use Case 1:
Panels and their use
- Median Filter Parameters: Parameters for the median filter
- Neighborhood Size (neighborhood): The size of the neighborhood in each dimension
- IO: Input/output parameters
- Input Volume (inputVolume): Input volume to be filtered
- Output Volume (outputVolume): Output filtered
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|