For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.6 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
Create a DICOM Series from a Slicer volume. User can specify values for selected DICOM tags in the UI. Given the number of tags DICOM series have, it is impossible to expose all tags in UI. So only important tags can be set by the user.
Slicer writes out data in a number of different formats. This behavior is controlled through the Save function in the File pull down in the top left of the Main GUI. In the case of a user of Slicer needing a volume in Dicom format, this module can be used to accomplish this.
Panels and their use
- Patient Parameters: Parameters that apply to a patient
- Patient Name (patientName): The name of the patient [0010-0010]
- Patient ID (patientID): The patient ID [0010-0020]
- Patient Comments (patientComments): Patient comments [0010-4000]
- Study Parameters: Parameters that apply to a study
- Study ID (studyID): The study ID [0020-0010]
- Study Date (studyDate): The date of the study [0008-0020]
- Study Comments (studyComments): Study comments[0032-4000]
- Study Descriptions (studyDescription): Study description[0008-1030]
- Modality (modality): Modality [0008-0060]
- Manufacturer (manufacturer): Manufacturer [0008-0070]
- Model (model): model [0008-1090]
- Series Parameters: Parameters that apply to a series
- Series Number (seriesNumber): The series number [0020-0011]
- Series Description (seriesDescription): Series description [0008-103E]
- Image Parameters: Parameters that apply to the images and data in each image
- Rescale intercept (rescaleIntercept): Rescale interscept [0028-1052]. Converts pixel values on disk to pixel values in memory. (Pixel value in memory) = (Pixel value on disk) * rescaleSlope + rescaleIntercept. Default is 0.0. Data values are converted on write (the data is scaled and shifted so that the slope and interscept will bring it back to the current intensity range).
- Rescale slope (rescaleSlope): Rescale slope [0028-1053]. Converts pixel values on disk to pixel values in memory. (Pixel value in memory) = (Pixel value on disk) * rescaleSlope + rescaleInterscept. Default is 1.0. Data values are converted on write (the data is scaled and shifted so that the slope and interscept will bring it back to the current intensity range).
- Input: Input parameters
- Input Volume (inputVolume): Input volume to be resampled
- Output: Output parameters
- DICOM Directory (dicomDirectory): The directory to contain the DICOM series.
- DICOM filename prefix (dicomPrefix): The prefix of the DICOM filename.
- DICOM file number format (dicomNumberFormat): The printf-style format to be used when creating the per-slice DICOM filename.
- Reverse Slices (reverseImages): Reverse the slices.
- Use Compression (useCompression): Compress the output pixel data.
- See the DICOM Module for a user interface that allows you to associate your output DICOM files with an existing DICOM Study.
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|