Home < Documentation < 4.10 < Modules < ThresholdScalarVolume
Introduction and Acknowledgements
- Title: Threshold Scalar Volume
- Author(s)/Contributor(s): Nicole Aucoin (SPL, BWH), Ron Kikinis (SPL, BWH), Julien Finet (Kitware)
- Acknowledgements: This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NAMIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149.
- Contact: Nicole Aucoin, <email>email@example.com</email>
Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
Surgical Planning Laboratory
Threshold an image.
Set image values to a user-specified outside value if they are below, above, or between simple threshold values.
ThresholdAbove: The values greater than or equal to the threshold value are set to OutsideValue.
ThresholdBelow: The values less than or equal to the threshold value are set to OutsideValue.
ThresholdOutside: The values outside the range Lower-Upper are set to OutsideValue.
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- Use Case 1: threshold a CT to recover bone structures
- Use Case 2: create a mask volume to limit processing to a region of a brain (for example, a tumor showing up as higher intensity)
Panels and their use
- IO: Input/output parameters
- Input Volume (InputVolume): Input volume
- Output Volume (OutputVolume): Thresholded input volume
- Filter Settings:
- Threshold Type (ThresholdType): What kind of threshold to perform. If Outside is selected, uses Upper and Lower values. If Below is selected, uses the ThresholdValue, if Above is selected, uses the ThresholdValue.
- Threshold Value (ThresholdValue): Threshold value
- Lower (Lower): Lower threshold value
- Upper (Upper): Upper threshold value
- Outside Value (OutsideValue): Set the voxels to this value if they fall outside the threshold range
- Negate Threshold (Negate): Swap the outside value with the inside value.
List of parameters generated transforming this XML file using this XSL file. To update the URL of the XML file, edit this page.
- The Editor module also has a threshold function
Information for Developers