Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
This module is used to "paint" a model with data from an image volume in Slicer. This calls vtkProbeFilter internally, which will probe (interpolate) a value from the image volume at every point location (vertex) of the model. This module works in "world space" so it handles the coordinate systems of the model (known as RAS) and volume (internally stored in an array with "ijk" coordinates in Slicer terminology).
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- Use Case 1: Visualize data from any volume (e.g. T2 MRI) on the surface of a model (e.g. a tumor surface)
- Use Case 2: Sample data onto a model for later quantitative analysis, perhaps in another program, such as sampling FA/T2/etc. onto a model of fiber tracts
Any transforms being applied to a polydata model in the MRML scene must be hardened (applied to change the model's point coordinates) before passing the polydata to the module. This can be performed along the lines of the following script:
>>> n = getNode('Bone')
>>> logic = slicer.vtkSlicerTransformLogic()
- IO: Input/output parameters
- Input Volume (InputVolume): Volume to use to "paint" the model
- Input Model (InputModel): Input model
- Output Model (OutputModel): Output "painted" model
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|