Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
- A new DICOM infrastructure was put in place beginning with Slicer 4.0.
- DICOM data is stored in a local data base, which is based on SQLite.
- DICOM data can be imported from disk into this data base
- DICOM data can be retrieved from a PACS system after proper configuration of Slicer.
- DICOM data can be loaded into Slicer from the local database. A graphical user interface with display of thumbnails is available for data selection.
- Plans for the near future, include support for storing data from slicer into the data base and uploading data from the data base into a PACS system.
Dicom Data on the File System
- Click on import
- Select the folder which contains the data
Links to tutorials that use this module (not yet available)
* ' ** ':