The basic goal of the project is to replace the current KWWidgets-based GUI with Qt. It is anticipated that the following benefits will result:
- Better support for Qt versus KWWidgets. This includes:
- Community support (more developers and users)
- Programming reference and training materials
- Design tools (e.g., Qt Designer)
- Qt has advanced programming constructs (e.g., signals and slots)
- Qt has advanced capabilities (e.g., charting, widgets, SQL interface, etc.)
- Increased (Slicer) application modularity
- Refer to [preliminary study] done by Sebastien Barre for background technical information.
- Refer to the [Slicer-Qt ARRA pages] for background and official reporting of the project.
- Sebastien Barre aka Seb (Kitware)
- Julien Finet aka J2 (Kitware)
- Jean-Christophe Fillon-Robin aka JC (Kitware)
- Stephen Aylward aka Muscles (Kitware)
- Will Schroeder aka Elvis (Kitware)
- Steve Pieper (Isomics)
- Wendy Plesniak (Harvard)
The following lists notes, presentations and pointers to source code and other materials relevant to this effort.
A running summary of meeting notes.
A collection of presentation materials such as PowerPoint, PDF and other documents.