Module Type & Category
Authors, Collaborators & Contact
- Haytham Elhawary: Brigham and Women's Hospital, SPL
- Sota Oguro: Brigham and Women's Hospital, SPL
- Nobuhiko Hata: Brigham and Women's Hospital, SPL
- Contact: Nobuhiko Hata, hata [at] bwh.harvard.edu or Haytham Elhawary, elhawary [at] bwh.harvard.edu
This module is capable of calculating the 95% Hausdorff distance (HD) and the Dice Similarity Coefficient (DSC) between two label map images. If the two label map images represent registered segmented structures then the 95% HD and DSC will provide a measure of contour and volumetric alignment between the images. The HD is the maximum distance of a set to the nearest point in another set and gives a measure of contour alignment between structures. The DSC gives a measure of the volumetric overlap between the two segmented structures, and indicates twice the number of voxels which are shared by or are common to both structures divided by the total number of non-zero voxels in both structures. The DSC can range from zero to one, where zero is no alignment between images and one is perfect alignment. These two metrics are explained more formally in papers presented in the References section.
- Image Volume 1 and Image Volume 2 are two label map images which you wish to load and compare
- The module will provide the DSC and 95% HD between the two images, and will also provide an output volume. The output volume represents the contour of one of the images with each pixel value representing the Hausdorff Distance to the contour of the other image. Both the DSC and 95% HD will be printed onto the Log viewer in Slicer (can be accessed by clicking on the "X" icon that is located at the bottom right hand corner of the Slicer window) and on the Terminal for operating systems other than Windows.
- For improved visualization, the output image should be viewed with a color map. The code provides a color map entitled "Matlab_colormap.txt" which should be used for visualization of the output volume. Change the lower bound of the Threshold in the Display panel of the Volume Module to 0.01.
Use Cases, Examples
This module is especially appropriate for these use cases:
- Use Case 1:
- Use Case 2:
Examples of the module in use:
- Example 1
- Example 2
Links to tutorials explaining how to use this module:
- Tutorial 1
- Data Set 1
Quick Tour of Features and Use
A list panels in the interface, their features, what they mean, and how to use them. For instance:
Notes from the Developer(s)
Algorithms used, library classes depended upon, use cases, etc.
Other modules or packages that are required for this module's use.
On the Dashboard, these tests verify that the module is working on various platforms:
Links to known bugs in the Slicer3 bug tracker
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker. Please select the usability issue category when browsing or contributing.
Source code & documentation
Links to the module's source code:
Include funding and other support here.
Publications related to this module go here. Links to pdfs would be useful.