Return to Slicer 3.6 Documentation
Module Type & Category
Type: Interactive, Python Scripted
Authors, Collaborators & Contact
- Steve Pieper, Isomics
- Ron Kikinis, BWH
- Contact: Steve Pieper, pieper at bwh.harvard.edu
Allows interactive flythrough animation based on fiducial list.
Use Cases, Examples
Can be used to generate animated sequences for investigating the insides of structures.
None available yet.
Quick Tour of Features and Use
In the Module GUI:
- Create a Fiducial List of control points defining the path you wish to animate.
- Select the Camera you wish to animate.
- Click the Apply button to generate a path and bring up the Flythrough dialog box.
In the Flythrough dialog:
- You can manually scroll though the path with the Frame slider.
- The Play/Pause button toggles animated flythrough.
- The Frame Skip slider speeds up the animation by skipping points on the path.
- The Frame Delay slider slows down the animation by adding more time between frames.
- The View Angle provides is used to approximate the optics of an endoscopy system.
- The Close button dismisses the Flythough panel and stops the animation."
The path is exported as a model (yellow line).
The current location along the path is exported as a Transform so you can attach other transformable nodes under it (like models or fiducials).
Notes from the Developer
This is implemented as a python script that uses Tkinter instead of KWWidgets, so the style does not match the rest of slicer's GUI.
Not available at this time.
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker.
Follow this link to the Slicer3 bug tracker. Please select the usability issue category when browsing or contributing.
Source code & documentation
Source code can accessed here
Links to documentation generated by doxygen.
Supported by PAR-07-249: R01CA131718 NA-MIC Virtual Colonoscopy (See ) NA-MIC, NAC, BIRN, NCIGT, and the Slicer Community. See http://www.slicer.org for details. Module implemented by Steve Pieper."
This module is patterned after the version in slicer2 developed by Delphine Nain.
An Interactive Virtual Endoscopy Tool (2001)
An Interactive Virtual Endoscopy Tool with Automatic Path Generation (MIT Masters Thesis) by Delphine Nain