For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the SparKit project, funded by An Applied Cancer Research Unit of Cancer Care Ontario with funds provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology (OCAIRO) to provide free, open-source toolset for radiotherapy and related image-guided interventions.
The Segmentations module manages segmentations. Each segmentation can contain multiple segments, which correspond to one structure or ROI. Each segment can contain multiple data representations for the same structure, and the module supports automatic conversion between these representations (the default ones are: planar contour, binary labelmap, closed surface model), as well as advanced display settings and import/export features.
- 3D printing: Convert labelmaps to surface models and export them to STL
- Contour analysis: Convert RT planar contours to labelmap for per-voxel analysis
- Nice and flexible visualization: Show any structure as 3D surface, and line intersections in 2D views; Show surface and labelmap simultaneously
- Organize segmented structures: Each segmentation contains multiple "segments"
- Create segmentation from scratch
- Create segment from labelmap volume or model
- Export labelmap or surface model representation from a segment (for editing, saving to STL, etc).
- First make sure the representation is present (TODO)
- Edit an existing contour
- See page via link above !!!TODO!!!
Panels and their use
This module and infrastructure is a successor of the Contours module and mechanism, which was the first implementation for this task, but its design was overgrewn by the new features and needs, and became inconvenient and unstable. Further information about the Segmentation effort on the related Assembla ticket and wiki page, and the links pointing from these pages.
- wiki page
- Past references
Information for Developers
- Labs page TODO
- The closed surface generated from the RTSS contour points is flawed
- TODO (report issue, ribbon workaround)