For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work was in part funded by An Applied Cancer Research Unit of Cancer Care Ontario with funds provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ontario Consortium for Adaptive Interventions in Radiation Oncology (OCAIRO) to provide free, open-source toolset for radiotherapy and related image-guided interventions.
The ExternalBeamPlanning module is a generic, extensible module for forward planning of external beam radiation therapy treatments.
- Proton dose calculation
- Any dose engine can be integrated (C++, Python, Matlab)
- Orthovoltage RT treatment planning tutorial (uses EGSnrc)
Panels and their use
- External Beam Planning module
- Basic plan data: Reference volume, Structure set, Isocenter, Target volume, Dose engine, Prescription dose
- Beam list
- Beams module: edit parameters of individual beams
- Energy (extensible by plugins)
- Beam model (extensible by plugins)
- Sharp, G., Pinter, C., Unkelbach, J., Fichtinger, G. (2017). Open Source Proton Treatment Planning in 3D Slicer: Status Update. Proceedings to the 56 Annual Meeting of the Particle Therapy Cooperative Group (PTCOG), 8-13 May 2017. International Journal of Particle Therapy: Summer 2017, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 14-83.
Information for Developers
- Sample C++ dose engine: https://github.com/SlicerRt/SlicerRT/blob/master/ExternalBeamPlanning/DoseEngines/qSlicerMockDoseEngine.h
- Sample Python dose engine: https://github.com/SlicerRt/SlicerRT/blob/master/ExternalBeamPlanning/DoseEngines/Python/MockPythonDoseEngine.py
- Future plans
- Inverse planning capabilities
- Matlab plugin adapter
- Ports module (apertures, MLC, target volume)
- Beam groups (common parameters for a group of beams)