For the stable Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This extension provides a way for a Slicer extension developer to build against the OpenCV pacakge, by depending on the SlicerOpenCV extension. OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision Library) is an open source computer vision and machine learning software library.
- If an extension developer needs the algorithms provided by OpenCV, they can add a module dependency on SlicerOpenCV and obtain a Slicer style library to link against and use.
Panels and their use
The OpenCV module doesn't provide a GUI, it's intended to be used at the library level by other modules.
- The OpenCVExample extension depends on this module and provides a template for linking and using OpenCV.
- The Slicer Pathology extension uses the SlicerOpenCV extension
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|
- While configuring your project that depends on a built version of SlicerOpenCV, you need to set SlicerOpenCV_DIR to point to SlicerOpenCV_BUILD_DIR/inner-build - this is the location of SlicerOpenCVConfig.cmake
- Include the SlicerOpenCV extension by calling find_package(SlicerOpenCV REQUIRED). This will set OpenCV_DIR in the scope of your extension.
- This extension also provides the ITK module Video Bridge OpenCV Video Processing Using OpenCV Bridge