- New community member checklist
- It is open to everyone, feel free to join.
- The most effective way to get help from the community
- Set of common development questions/answers
- What's next ? What's the plan ?
- Keep track of on-going experiments.
- Source code API documentation.
Source code repository
- Github or SVN
CDash Quality Dashboard: SlicerStable, SlicerPreview
- Nightly, continuous and experimental dashboards. - Setup a dashboard
Bug tracker / Report a problem / Contribute a patch
- Web-based bug tracking system - Configuration
Slicer Style Guidelines
- Consistency and Readability for a manageable code base
- Collection of python scripts manipulating various Slicer components.
Change logs and release details
- Informations about Slicer releases
- List Slicer resources and who to contact in case of problem.
Create Slicer extensions
- Build, test, package and distribute extensions
Build Slicer application
- Compiling and installing Slicer from source.
- Compiling slicer modules outside of the slicer source tree.
- How to update Slicer extension code following breaking changes in Slicer or dependent toolkits (VTK, ITK, Qt, ...)
Source code How-tos
- How to checkout the source and contribute patches
- How to create or build modules, how to add or update remote modules
- How to write tests and manage testing data
- How to document module or extension
- How to contribute, build or package extensions
- How to setup QtCreator, setup dashboard, work with QtDesigner, port modules
Debugging instructions: https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer_guide/debugging/index.html
- Stable Dashboard
- Preview Dashboard
- C++ API
- Style Guide
- Issue Tracker
- WikiCheatSheet, Wiki Editing Guide
- Mailing list archives
Design & Implementation
- Comparison between the different supported module types
Data Model / MRML
- Objects and their organization. MRML Library provides API for managing medical image data type
- Details the role of MRML/Slicer/Application/Modules logics and Displayable managers
- How to control the layout of the views
Slice Orientation Presets NEW
- How to manage slice orientation presets
- Create simple standalone applications (slicelets)
- How to read or write nodes from file
- Presents the underlying infrastructure.
- Description of the Charting (jqPlot) architecture.
- Description of the Plotting (VTK) architecture.
Compressed Video NEW
- Description of the compressed video architecture.
- Files location in the build and install tree.
- How to build and load Qt plugins.
Build system / Release process / Factory description
- Details how Slicer is built and packaged.
- Testing framework to test Slicer application. It complements unit tests.