For the latest Slicer documentation, visit the 4.10 page.
Slicer is generally simple to install on all platforms. It is possible to install multiple versions of the application on the same user account and they will not interfere with each other.
If you run into mysterious problems with your installation you can try deleting your
Settings file location
To display the location of the current settings file:
$ ./Slicer --settings-path
Settings are stored in your home directory in
Settings are located in
Installation / Uninstallation
- Run the installer
- Run Slicer from the start menu
- Use the uninstaller to remove the application
- Drag the Slicer application to your Applications folder or other location of your choice.
- You cannot install extensions into the read-only volume so you must copy before installing extensions.
- Delete the Application folder to uninstall
- Open the tar.gz archive and copy directory to the location of your choice. Run the Slicer executable.
- Remove the directory to uninstall