Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NAMIC), funded by ...
Plastimatch is an open source software for image computation. Our main focus is high-performance volumetric registration of medical images, such as X-ray computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET). Software features include:
- B-spline method for deformable image registration (GPU and multicore accelerated)
- Demons method for deformable image registration (GPU accelerated)
- ITK-based algorithms for translation, rigid, affine, demons, and B-spline registration
- Pipelined, multi-stage registration framework with seamless conversion between most algorithms and transform types
- Landmark-based deformable registration using thin-plate splines for global registration
- Landmark-based deformable registration using radial basis functions for local corrections
- Broad support for 3D image file formats (using ITK), including DICOM, Nifti, NRRD, MetaImage, and Analyze
- DICOM and DICOM-RT import and export
- XiO import and export
- Plastimatch Automatic deformable image registration
- Plastimatch DICOM-RT import
- Plastimatch LANDWARP Landmark
Sample data to use with modules.
- G Sharp, N Kandasamy, H Singh, M Folkert, "GPU-based streaming architectures for fast cone-beam CT image reconstruction and demons deformable registration," Physics in Medicine and Biology, 52(19), pp 5771-83, 2007.
- V Boldea, G Sharp, SB Jiang, D Sarrut, "4D-CT lung motion estimation with deformable registration: Quantification of motion nonlinearity and hysteresis," Medical Physics, 33(3), pp 1008-18, 2008.
- Z Wu, E Rietzel, V Boldea, D Sarrut, G Sharp, "Evaluation of deformable registration of patient lung 4DCT with sub-anatomical region segmentations," Medical Physics, 35(2), pp 775-81, 2008.
- G Sharp et al. "Plastimatch - An open source software suite for radiotherapy image processing," Proceedings of the XVIth International Conference on the use of Computers in Radiotherapy, May, 2010.
- N. Shusharina, G. Sharp "Landmark-based image registration with analytic regularization", IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., submitted, 2011.
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|