Difference between revisions of "Documentation/4.1/Modules/MultiVolumeImporter"
(Prepend documentation/versioncheck template. See http://na-mic.org/Mantis/view.php?id=2887)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
| type = protection
| type = protection
Revision as of 07:27, 14 June 2013Home < Documentation < 4.1 < Modules < MultiVolumeImporter
| WARNING: This module is Work in Progress, which means:
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is supported by NA-MIC, NAC, NCIGT, and the Slicer Community. This work is partially supported by the following grants: P41EB015898, P41RR019703, R01CA111288 and U01CA151261.
This module provides support for importing multivolume (multiframe) data.
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- importing a DICOM dataset that contains multiple frames that can be separated based on some tag (e.g., DCE MRI data, where individual temporally resolved frames are identified by Trigger Time tag (0018,1060)
- importing multiple frames defined in the same coordinate frame, saved as individual volumes in NRRD, NIfTI, or any other image format supported by 3D Slicer
- Sample datasets are available:
Panels and their use
- Import button: once the panels are populated with the appropriate settings, hit this button to import the dataset into Slicer. Note that depending on the size of the data this operation can take significant time, so be patient!
Once the multivolume dataset is loaded, it can be viewed and further explored using MultiVolumeExplorer module.
- Development of this module was initiated at the 2012 NA-MIC Project week at SLC (see http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2012_Project_Week:4DImageSlicer4)
Information for Developers
This module is an external Slicer module. The source code is available on Github here: https://github.com/fedorov/MultiVolumeImporter
Known issues that won't be resolved
- bug 1841: multivolumes that contain less than 7 frames will not be saved correctly and the scene containing such objects will not be loaded correctly by Slicer (limitation of the NRRD IO for DWI)
Features to be implemented
- integrate MV importer as a DICOM module plugin -- DICOM plugin added as of June 14, 2012
Features under consideration
- should DWI node be a child under the MV hierarchy?
- import multivolumes from ITK 4d images