Introduction and Acknowledgements
- This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website. The development of this module was supported in part by NIH grants R01 AA016748-01, R01 CA111288 .... check grants.
- Authors: Steve Pieper, Isomics, Inc., Katharina Quintus, BWH (original Slicer 3 version)
- Contact: Steve Pieper, <email>email@example.com</email>
Calculate image and volume properties using a label map and a gray scale image.
The module is fairly simple. Just select a background volume and a label volume (for example, as created using the Editor Module) and click Apply.
The volumes of the table show:
- Label there is one row for each unique value in the label volume
- Count is the number of pixels in the label volume that have this value
- Volume is the product of the pixel spacings (volume per pixel) times the Count
- Min, Max, Mean, StdDev Statistics on the grayscale pixel values at the locations that correspond to the label value.
- The Save Button can be used to create a text file of the contents of the calculated table. The results are stored in comma separated value format, with the default .csv file extension. This format can easily be opened in spreadsheet programs for further analysis or plotting. Example file contents are shown below.
Index,Count,Volume,Min,Max,Mean,StdDev 0,4459654,5797529.78532,0.0,57.0,3.04704580221,2.70458925916 1,1471436,1912860.0643,9.0,279.0,96.6458690694,18.6872203155 3,2588590,3365155.15038,0.0,124.0,50.6563067152,17.087148665
Links to tutorials that use this module
- Point to other modules that have similar functionality