From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20120605
- Site visit preparation: Milestone "Slicer 4.1.0-2012-06-21 - Site Visit"
- #CARS conference preparation
- Developer documentation is in the process of being re-organized - See http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.1/Developers
- Soon - Thanks to Matt McCormick - Speed-up your build using Ninja - x10 to x1000 faster ! Commit to be integrated is here and associated discussion here.
CARS conference preparation
JC, Our next Slicer training workshop in Europe is on June 30 at the CARS conference in Pisa. We would like to be able to demonstrate the Extension Manager at this event. In preparation for the workshop, we need to select the appropriate version of Slicer for the hands-on sessions and to plan ahead cross-platform testing of the workshop tutorials. Is there any specific version of Slicer that you would recommend to that end or should we pick up any nightly-build after June 1st? I tried today's nightly-build on my Mac, and the Extension Manager is working nicely - I could install and run Skull Stripper without any issue. In regards to the tests, is Benjamin still working on the automated QtTesting or is Christopher the new intern working on the project ? Thank you in advance for your help, Sonia
- Discussed the creation of the "Slicer 4.1.0-2012-06-21 - Site Visit" milestone.
- It resumes using a nightly package or 4.1.x release will be good enough.
- The milestone "Slicer 4.1.0-2012-06-21 - Site Visit" will be removed
- Discussed that Nicole will be working on issue 2163 with Julien assisting her by email.
- Discussed the status of extension documentation - It is moving forward
- The plan is to announce 4.1.1 along with the updated documentation by the end of the week
- Developer page is being re-organized: http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.1/Developers
- Discussed which version of Slicer will be more suitable for CARS_2012
- For demonstration/demo purposes - Slicer 4.1.1 binaries should be sufficient
- For development of Slicer 4.1.1 extensions, checkout Slicer-4-1-1 branch should be sufficient
- If developer want the bleeding edge of Slicer (less stable), they could checkout Slicer trunk
- It's possible a patch revision 4.1.2 with more tweaks related to extensions will be created ...
- [Added by Jc] Remarks associated to QtTesting:
- Discussed the coming support of ninja, a small build system with a focus on speed, by Slicer build system.
With no changes to Slicer, if running 'time make': [100%] Built target Slicer real 0m11.926s user 0m5.512s sys 0m2.340s with 'time ninja': [1/1] Forcing build step for 'Slicer' real 0m0.010s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.004s