- Preparations are underway for a major new release of Slicer 3, called Slicer 3.2. The release is scheduled for Thursday, May 29, 2008. Release candidates can be found on the Slicer download pages under nightly builds (see here).
- The new release is based on recently released versions of vtk, itk, and cmake.
- The entire build infrastructure of Slicer was modified to enable the use of new features in those packages.
- Major features have been added in comparison to the 3.0 release from January 2008.
- Be warned, some of the features are in early stages of development
- For a more detailed view of the Slicer 3 projects see here
Volume rendering allows visualization of volumetric data sets
Diffusion Imaging infrastructure includes a variety of components such as
Interactive Editor allows interactive segmentation with powerful 2D and 3D algorithms
Remote Data Handling allows uploads and downloads from image informatics frameworks such as BIRN, and XNAT
- Image:MRI Robot System Diagram2.png
OpenIGTLink interfaces to devices such as scanners, trackers, and robots
The Lightbox: Tools for viewing cross-sections
- Affine and b-Spline registration
- Loadable Modules
- EM segementer
- Implicit Slice Widget (part of the VTK widget family).