From Slicer Wiki
Home < Developer Meetings < 20121106
Today meeting will start at 2.15pm EST
Paul Mercea, Master thesis presentation
At 3.30pm, Paul Mercea, MS Student, University of Heidelberg will be presenting his Master thesis work:
- Title: Quantification of longitudinal tumor changes using PET imaging in 3D Slicer
- Location: 1249 Boylston, 2nd floor demo room
- Time: 3:30pm
- Organization of LookupTable wiki pages. See below
- Transform hierarchy are not saved. See #2725
- Bug list review for 4.2.1 release
- ITKv4 for Winter Project Week See below
- Talked with Sankhesh about #2535
- Reviewed list of issue associated with 4.2.1
- Alex: Before the weekend, will look at , #2374
- Jim: Work on #2732. Sync with Nicole if no time to address this before the weekend.
- Julien: When back from travelling - Sync with Alex regarding issue , #2374. Address issue [http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=2725 #2725
- Nicole: When back from travelling: issue #1690
- After patch release (4.2.1) occurring at the end of the month, the plan is to remove ITKv3 from the trunk and only have ITKv4 as a dependency.
- What does the community think ?
- Discussed with David about the possible integration of python module into Slicer core. (For example postgres. See here)
- The idea is that additional module would be either "pip" installed or installed as Slicer extension
Lookup table discussion
Hi Folks, My understanding is that we should consolidate the documentation to minimize confusion while presenting the information to the user. Currently there are the following pages: 1) http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.1/SlicerApplication/LookupTables 2) http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.1/SlicerApplication/LookupTables/TractographyColors 3) http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.1/SlicerApplication/LUTs/TractographyColors where 3) redirect into 2) ===== Firstly, we should chose between the following two conventions: http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/X.Y/SlicerApplication/LookupTables or http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/X.Y/SlicerApplication/LUTs ===== Secondly, if a module exposes new lookup tables, these ones should probably be documented as subpage(s) of the module. For example: http://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/X.Y/Modules/TractographyDisplay/LookupTables/Tractography With this convention a module could document additional lookup tables as sub pages of "Documentation/X.Y/Modules/TractographyDisplay/LookupTables" ====== Thirdly, all lookup tables should be categorized in a LookupTables category allowing to list them. ===== Fourthly, wiki page code allowing to describe a lookup table should probably be generated based on the description available in the code. We could also think about a mechanism to generate it at runtime and export it in the right format using python. ===== Last, let me know if you would like to discuss the details over the phone. I would be happy to provide guidance and review code or wiki pages. Thanks Jc
List of outstanding bugs from Stephen:
These seem to be the pending bugs. - 0002289: [Module DICOM] CreateADICOMSeries using ITKv4 does not properly write out Z-spacing (millerjv) - assigned. - 0002371: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Update factory ITKv4 nightly script to enable packaging (crmullin) - assigned. - 0002372: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Coordinate ITKv4 packaging with maintainer of download.slicer.org (crmullin) - assigned. - 0002115: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Mechanism to customize Slicer package name depending on build option (jcfr) - assigned. - 0002007: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Build against ITKv4 and remove ITKv3 (jcfr) - assigned. - 0002116: [Extensions] Improve extension framework to differentiate extension build against different Slicer. (jcfr) - assigned. - 0002114: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Ensure Slicer can be compiled against ITKv4 on both Windows 32 and 64 bit (hjmjohnson) - assigned. - 0002115: [Building (CMake, Superbuild)] Mechanism to customize Slicer package name depending on build option (jcfr) - assigned. - 0001693: [Scripting (Wrapping, Python)] Implement a test named "py_SimpleITK_SlicerPushPullTest" (jcfr) - assigned. - 0001692: [Scripting (Wrapping, Python)] Implement a test named "py_SimpleITK_ImportTest" (jcfr) - assigned.