From SlicerWikiHome < Slicer3:Documentation
End-user documentation for Slicer3 is currently under development.
Developing... documentation for individual Slicer3 modules.
Please see the Slicer 101 page for tutorial on the use of Slicer2.6.
For information on the Slicer3 Execution Model
Chain CLMs: Higher level CLMs (command line modules) which are proxy composition (chain) of more basic ones.
For developers: Doxygen documentation for Slicer3 (updated nightly).
General information about programming in VTK and ITK:
- Two books are available to learn VTK. The VTK User's Guide describes in detail how to work with the software. The Visualization Toolkit An Object-Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics is a higher-level theory book that describes important data structures and algorithms used in VTK. Both books can be purchased through Kitware or Amazon.com.
- A complete, online PDF Software Guide for ITK is available. Printed books can be purchased from Kitware or through Amazon.com. The theory book Insight into Images: Principles and Practice for Segmentation, Registration, and Image Analysisis is available from AK Peters and Amazon.com.
- Yale University has developed extensive documentation as part of a course on medical imaging with VTK. The full text is available on line.
See the Slicer Publication Database for additional references.
- Pieper S, Lorensen W, Schroeder W, Kikinis R. The NA-MIC Kit: ITK, VTK, Pipelines, Grids and 3D Slicer as An Open Platform for the Medical Image Computing Community. Proc IEEE Intl Symp on Biomedical Imaging 2006; 1:698-701.
- Pieper S, Halle M, Kikinis R. 3D Slicer. Proc IEEE Intl Symp on Biomedical Imaging 2004; 1:632-635.