Documentation/4.3/Report a problem
- I have a question about how to use Slicer for a particular task
- Something is not working as it should or I would like to request a feature.
- I would like to let the Slicer community know, how Slicer helped me in my research.
- Please send us the citation for your paper.
- Background: funding for Slicer is provided through competitive mechanisms to a large extent by the US government and to a lesser extend through funding from other governments. The justification of for those resources is that Slicer enables scientific work. Knowing about scientific publications enabled by Slicer is a critical step in this process. Given the international nature of the Slicer community, the nationality of the scientists is not important. Every good paper counts.
- I would like to give feedback on my experience with Slicer.
- Share your story using the Feedback link accessible from the Slicer Welcome module
Workflow for Handling Bugs and Feature Requests in Slicer
The following instructions describe the recommended workflow to report a problem related to Slicer application. The issue flows from top left to bottom left following the arrows. Issues are bug reports, feature requests and similiar items. A data base with a web interface is at the core of this software engineering methodology.
- 1. Register on the issue tracker
- 2. Sign-up on the developers mailing list
- 4. Optionally, if you would like to share dataset >= 2MB, you should consider uploading them on our dedicated server. See How to share and associate data with an issue
- 5. Send an email on the slicer-developers list pointing to the reported bug. Title of the email should start with
[BUG 1234] Title of the bug
The following diagram illustrates Slicer issue workflow:
Source: Adapted from http://www.warelab.org/blog/?p=24