NOTE: The development of Slicer 3 has been discontinued. Slicer 4 is now the recommended platform for both users and developers.
This is the download page for compiled versions of the 3D Slicer software. If you are looking for the source code, please click here.
Slicer 4 is the latest version of 3D Slicer, our medical image processing and data visualization software package. The new Slicer 4 is a complete re-architecture of 3D Slicer based on the Qt toolkit and the latest versions of the VTK and ITK packages. Slicer is open source, freely available, and distributed without restriction of use.
Please read the Slicer License Agreement before downloading any binary releases of Slicer.
March 2011: Slicer 3.6.3 released|
to download, select stable releases and your platform
Documentation and Training
- Please visit the documentation pages for the 'live' reference manual for 3D Slicer.
- Instructions on how to use Slicer can be found on the training pages.
- Mantis Tracker: Slicer3 is not actively developed. Report issues on the mailing list.
- Source Code: This page points to the source code repositories.
- Slicer mailing lists: This page contains points to the Slicer users and developers mailing lists.
- See here for 3D Slicer download statistics.
Please note that this page cannot be edited directly as its contents are dynamically generated.
For the old version of this page go here.
To browse the download directories click here.